- 1 cup Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch (you probably have this in your pantry, also known as Cornflour)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Orange Peel (See note below)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut oil (Melted)
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Mica Powder (optional) (you can use strained fruit juices, herbs, spices, etc) We currently have 5 Mica colours available, True Red, Sunshine Yellow, Peach Pink, Rose Red and Magic Orange.
- 10 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- Dried Botanicals (Optional) to purchase click HERE
- In a large bowl, combine corn starch, citric acid, epsom salt, baking soda, mica powder (optional), and dried orange peel. Whisk to incorporate completely.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together coconut oil, essential oil, and water.
- Very slowly add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients. Pouring slowly helps make sure the mixture fizzes as little as possible. Mix together until it resembles wet sand and everything in fully incorporated.
- Transfer the bath bomb mixture into bath bomb moulds, making sure to press the mixture tightly into each mould half. Overfill a little to ensure that the two pieces stick together when pressed together. Press the mould pieces together and twist until closed.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry for at least 24 hours.
- To remove the bath bombs from the moulds, tap the outside of the mould gently and twist each side of the mould and pull apart to remove the bath bomb.
- Store bath bombs in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap.
- To use the bath bomb, simply drop it in water and watch it fizz and dissolve.
Feel free to omit the dried orange peel and try out one of the following blends
|3 drops Vetiver||5 drops Roman Chamomile or Vetiver||4 drops Lavender|
|3 drops Lavender||4 drops Lavender||4 drops Lime|
|1 drop Clary Sage||Optional add in: lavender petals||2 drops Spearmint|
|1 drop Bergamot|
|Optional add in: lavender petals|